Coatings, Adhesive, Paints & Sealants (CAPS)
Talc Helps by providing
- Barrier Properties (due to Hydrophobicity)
- Enhances adhesion that leads to better durability of paint, and this is possible because of chemical inertness.
- Carrier for Anti-Algal/Anti-Fungal additives for exterior coatings
- As anti-corrosion pigment with applications in general industrial paints, heavy industrial maintenance and marine coatings.
- Cracking Resistance
- Flatting-matting properties
- Hiding/Opacity & partial replacement of Titanium Dioxide
- UV resistance
- Improves Rheology – Talc forms weak bonds with resins which results in better low-shear viscosity. The bond splits on application of shear further resulting in shear-thinning rheology coating, and is best for spray purpose. Enhanced rheology lessens in-can settling and sagging.
- Reduction of Volatile Organic Compounds
- Enhancing sandability because of their natural softness
- Resistance to cracks, dimensional stability and shrink resistance
Efficient Thixotropic properties